Business Energy Efficiency
Did you know that it’s easy to make your business, or building project more energy efficient? Did you know that you can actually save money by doing so? In fact, you can start saving right now by taking advantage of the multitude of incentive programs currently being offered. Whether you’re installing solar panels, purchasing energy efficient equipment and appliances or simply wanting to save money on your utility bill, it pays to go green!
Programs For Business
Whether your business is a small office, a large restaurant, or a manufacturing company there are a variety of simple, effective programs that can help reduce your bottom line while preserving the environment.
- Go Solar: Go Solar is a program sponsored by the California Public Utilities Commission and Energy Commission and provides a variety of rebate programs. If you’re thinking about installing solar panels on your home, this page is a must! Use this simple tool to calculate the potential annual savings of going solar.
Cost Savings Incentives: In these tough economic times finding ways to cut costs while maintaining an outstanding level of service to your customers is essential. Southern California Edison and the Gas Company provide several programs that can help!
- Savings & Incentives Through Building Improvements: Southern California Edison offers a variety of incentives for businesses to help offset the cost of high efficiency systems and equipment.
- Business Energy Advisor : This program allows businesses to complete a simple survey and receive customized energy-efficiency recommendations that can make a big difference in energy costs.
- Savings By Design: This program offers design assistance for buildings – both new construction or the major renovation or tenant improvement to an existing structure.
- On-Bill Financing: This unique program from Southern California Edison features credit enhancement to give you more borrowing power, and includes On-Bill Repayment, so you can reduce your energy use and carbon footprint right away, and spread the cost out over time.
- Rebate and Incentive Programs from The Gas Company: Save money by reducing your monthly gas bill.
Tax Incentive Programs: Find ways you can save money for your business through a variety of incentives and tax credits. The sooner you act, the sooner the savings will start to add up.
- Tax Credits from ENERGY STAR: Many of the same tax credits available to homeowners are also available to businesses. You may qualify for a 30% tax credit on solar panels, windows, doors, insulation, roofing materials, water heaters, and air conditioners.
- Tax Incentive Assistance Project: This non-profit group is designed to give consumers and businesses the information they need to make use of federal income tax incentives for energy efficient products and technologies.
ENERGY STAR Program: ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices. From light bulbs to refrigerators, certified ENERGY STAR products meet the EPA and DOE’s strict efficiency standards and will help reduce your utility bills. ENERGY STAR certified products helped Americans save $19 billion in 2008 alone.
- Product Catalog: This easy to use catalog provides information on products, including office equipment, where to find them and even how much money you could save over less energy efficient products.
- Tax Credits from ENERGY STAR: Many of the same tax credits available to homeowners are also available to businesses. You can qualify for a 30% tax credit on solar panels, windows, doors, insulation, roofing materials, water heaters, and air conditioners.
- Tools and Resources Library: Design and implement an energy efficiency strategy for your business and save money in the process with a wide range of tools, calculators and guides.
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program: The City of Santa Clarita has adopted a Commercial PACE program, which allows property owners to finance 100% of the cost of eligible energy efficiency improvements, including solar energy systems, Energy Star windows and doors, and high-efficiency air conditioning units. These improvements are financed through a property assessment that is paid over time through property taxes by the property owner. Lender consent is required to participate in this program. Below is a listing of the various providers available through this program.