Are you interested in learning more about sustainability, climate change, and the environment? College of the Canyons offers several classes that will provide you with a balanced understanding of these and other issues.
- Architecture 200A: Sustainable Development and Environmental Design
- Architecture 200B: Design III-Environmental Design Lab
- Biological Sciences 106: Organismal & Environmental Biology
- Biological Sciences 130: Contemporary Issues in Environmental Biology
- Business 110: Principles of Management
- Environmental Studies 101: Introduction to Environmental Studies
- Environmental Studies 103: Introduction to Environmental Science
- Environmental Studies 104: Energy Resource Conservation
- Philosophy 250: Environmental Ethics
College of the Canyons is offering its annual series of online LEED Green Associate prep courses starting February 5th. These .5 credit unit courses are offered through the Architecture subject major:
ARCHT-085 Intro to the LEED Rating System
ARCHT-086 Project Site Factors
ARCHT-087 Sustainable Materials & Indoor Environmental Quality
ARCHT-088 Innovation in Design and Regional Priorities
ARCHT-089 Green Building Economics
ARCHT-090 LEED Online Documentation & Processing
ARCHT-091 Green Building Control Systems
ARCHT-095 LEED Green Associate Test Prep
LEED is an innovative sustainable rating system that over the last 20 years has transformed how buildings and communities are designed, constructed and maintained (http://www.usgbc.org/leed) – Career opportunities for people with the LEED Green Associate credential are available in a wide variety of fields like construction, real estate development, building engineering, architecture and interior design. There are no pre-requisites for these classes, so this is a relatively quick and thorough way to prepare for the LEED Green Associate exam. Also, College of the Canyons is an authorized testing location for the U.S. Green Building Council, so the LEED Green Associate exam is held on-campus after the last course to provide students with a convenient opportunity for passing the exam… plus all of the textbooks and study materials are free!
Here is the link to the COC Application for Admission (http://www.canyons.edu/Offices/SSSP/NewStudentCheckList/Pages/Apply.aspx) and new students enrolling in just these LEED courses don’t have to go through the new student orientation process. Check it out today!